Re: [Amps] Glass Vs. Ceramic?

To: "R. David Eagle" <kb8nnu@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Glass Vs. Ceramic?
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 07:08:12 -0700
Mornin' Dave.

Much more modern tube design is one good reason.  Another is they are easier
to locate when the last vestiges of RF have been wrung out of them.

My AL-800H has two metal/ceramic jugs in it, the 3cx800a7 is known to be
able take a beating as long as its not too much of one and still go on.

My amp is at leas 8 yrs old, but is used, believe it has the original
ENIAC's in it. Still puts out *legal* with (really) a sneeze.

73's,
Gary...wa6fgi