[Amps] Help with hv rectifiers, filter caps, etc

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Help with hv rectifiers, filter caps, etc
From: "Fern Rivard" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:36:25 -0600
    I'll be recapping the filter caps in my hf amp and replacing the original
filter caps which are 210 mfd @ 450 wvdc with some that are 530 mfd @ also 450
wvdc(same physical dimensions and also same price). Now what I'm concerned
about is whether this will pose some problems with the existing hv rectifiers
which are MR-510 rated at 1000 vdc and 3 amps or should I be replacing them
with something beefier than those? What is a real good source with good price
for better replacements diodes?
    Thanks from Fern