Re: [Amps] help with rectifiers, etc.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] help with rectifiers, etc.
From: "Roy" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:54:07 -0500
About...

  I'll be recapping the filter caps in my hf amp and replacing the original
filter caps which are 210 mfd @ 450 wvdc with some that are 530 mfd @ also
450 wvdc(same physical dimensions and also same price). Now what I'm
concerned about is whether this will pose some problems with the existing hv
rectifiers which are MR-510 rated at 1000 vdc and 3 amps or should I be
replacing them with something beefier than those? What is a real good source
with good price for better replacements diodes?
    Thanks from Fern

Fern (I don't know your call sign),

Those existing rectifiers are just fine.

73,   Roy,   K6XK      Iowa