Re: [Amps] Buck Boost

To: "Robert Groh" <rgroh@swbell.net>, "Patrick Egloff" <pegloff@gmail.com>, "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buck Boost
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:30:54 -0400
Im curious as to what benefit will there be to raising the HV only 10%?

Its not going to raise the output enough to be heard on the other end but it
will add another 10% + strain on both windings.

Depending upon the transformer design you may not even be able to obtain
that 10% at full load.

Ive used a filament xfmr wired in Buck mode several times to reduce the HV
but not in Boost to raise it.

A boost is also an easy way to get a Tailtwister brake to pull back.

Carl
KM1H