Re: [Amps] Keeping RTVs and Liquid Electrical Tape useable

To: "'Roger (K8RI)'" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, 'Amps' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Keeping RTVs and Liquid Electrical Tape useable
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:41:59 -0600
Liquid electrical tape can be revitalized by adding methyl ketone and
xylene to the can.  I don't know the manufacturer's formulation but I
have used about a 50-50 mixture of methyl ketone and xylene.  Add a few
milliliters of each, cap and shake the can.  You can always add more
later.  Give the new solvents some time to work into the old tape.

Doug

The water jump is long and the barrier may be high,
you might break every bone, but it's so much fun to fly!