Re: [Amps] More pictures...

To: David Cutter <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] More pictures...
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:29:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi David,
  The transformer is the least of the problems in that design adventure.

  In fact, if a (US) legal limit transmitter is designed with a 200V drain
supply, then the load impedance is circa 50 ohms and a coaxial output
transformer may be as simple as a piece of teflon coax with some ferrite around
the outside.  The center conductor becomes the primary and the shield is the
secondary with one end typically tied to ground.  The coax insulation will be
plenty proof against the line potential.

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/