Re: [Amps] Re Choke Formers..

Subject: Re: [Amps] Re Choke Formers..
From: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 07:57:13 -0700
The best way I've found to hold the wire ends is Scotch thermosetting
glass tape. I forget the number offhand, but it should be easy to find.
It also works real good for making chimneys with Teflon or silicon sheet.

I have also used various epoxy products with success as well as Kapton
tape. I try very hard to avoid any metal on the choke other than the
wire itself and the screw/lug at the very top.

Several examples of chokes made with fiberglass and Teflon rod with
thermosetting tape can be seen in the amp pix on my web page.

Larry

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg
http://w7iuv.com