[Amps] Bill Orr comment

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Bill Orr comment
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:30:20 EDT
I was reading the Bill Orr handbook and on his section about amplifiers he
says.....A properly designed grounded grid amplifier should produce 2 to 2.5
times the plate dissapation of the tube  in output.  He did not put  any
limitations on the statement as to IMD or anything like that.  He did  not say
if
the tubes ratings would be surpassed (I am sure they would), but I  think what
he was saying is that the tube should continue to make power to 2 to  2.5 times
it's dissapation before it would not make any more power and flatten  out.

Upon speaking with an amp "Guru" about this subject, he procalimed that  Bill
Orr was a "QUACK".  The basis of his claim was that he was never able  to
build an amplifier that obtained that kind of results.
What say you?  Lou W1QJ

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.