[Amps] Henry 2K, 2K-2, 2K-3 Power Supplies

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K, 2K-2, 2K-3 Power Supplies
From: Kevin LaHaie <klahaie@centricata.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:30:13 -0700
Greetings
I still need to replace the choke in the power supply of my Henry 2K-3,
floor console version.  I have gained access to power supply parts from
both a 2K, and a 2K-2, but they are not local to me so I need to see if
the parts will work in the 2K-3. These earlier models both used 3B28
hollow state rectifiers, but otherwise had the typical Henry swinging
choke with resonating capacitor across it and 20mfd or so oil filled
capacitor following.   The 2k-3 that succeeded these 2 earlier models
primarily switched to 3-500z finals, and went to solid state rectifiers,
but otherwise I am led to believe are the same basic specs.  I need to
know if the choke and it's resonating capacitor are the same values as
the 2K-3.  I could completely replace both the choke and resonating
capacitor in both cases, it appears these parts are OK in both units,
but would like to avoid that if possible. I really hope the choke is the
right value.

Anyone have an intimate knowledge of these early Henry amps?  I have
searched the net but there are only references to the parts and their
functions, but not their values.

Any help greatly appreciated!

73 Kevin K7ZS