Re: [Amps] Tube sources

To: "'AMPS submit'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tube sources
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:29:57 +0200

Amperex stopped glass tube production.
A glass factory in Northern Germany were using 4-400B tubes from them as
voltage regulators for there magnetron generators.
When the tubes got unavailable they diverted to 8877, just needed to
exchange the socket.
For about 3 years they use now Chinese 8877 in about 50 generators without
any trouble, unfortunately for that reason I could not obtain pulls so far.
(but a couple of 4-400B with sockets and chimneys).
They paid 400 Euro/tube in that quantity.

73
Peter