Re: [Amps] Building an Amp, Selecting a Tube

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an Amp, Selecting a Tube
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:47:59 -0400
Any 3CXPX1500A7 or Y-xxx medical pull at close to full output. Reasonably
priced so you can buy a spare or two.

At your criteria I cant see any other tube that comes close that will still
be around 10 years down the road (my prediction) and is affordable, reliable
and an easy build.

Id rather build a no compromise MF-HF amp that covers (or makes expansion
provision) all current and potential new bands (600 and 60M) and leave 6 to
a monobander or  6 & 2.

Carl
KM1H