Re: [Amps] HL2K question

To: "amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HL2K question
From: "Patrick Egloff" <pegloff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 07:32:28 +0200
Hi all,

I could test the HL2K problem on another model and the problem is the same.
The output power drops on 3.5 and more dramaticaly on 1.8 MHz, cabinet gets
hot around the output coil.

Here an answer from Tokyo High Power :
*Hello Patrick,*
* *
*I talked with our enginners about this issue..*
* *
*They have been aware of  this issue since 1995.*
*( Your S/No 603456 was from earlier production that 1990.)*
* *
*Bottom shield plate of punched ferro has been replaced by*
*aluminum plate since 1995.*
* *
*Also, the RF by-pass capacitor at cold end of H.V. plate choke*
*coil have been strengthened to have two more pieces of 5kV, 0.001uF.*

I will try to find a punched aluminum plate and will try that.
The by-pass capacitor in use is a 3 x 1000pF, i will try to add some more as
advised.

Hope this helps...

73, Patrick

--