Re: [Amps] RF Communications RF101 power amplifier

To: <jtml@vla.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF Communications RF101 power amplifier
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:28:52 -0400
That PS sounds like it will have much better regulation than your
standard fat 20-50 mF cap only PS.

As long as the input choke meets the minimum inductance standard (see
any handbook from the 60-70's back) it will hold the output very close
to 90% of the xfmr AC rating. The second choke and cap provide
additional filtering.

I use a 5-25 H swinging choke and 10 mF filter and the voltage holds
under 200V from 150 ma to 1A at 3500V in SSB/CW service. Id add the
second filter section if it was for a Class AB/B AM modulator which is
exactly the way I run the PP 810's and 304TL's.

Carl
KM1H