[Amps] Vacuum relay adjustment?

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Vacuum relay adjustment?
From: "N3XX" <n3xx@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:23:45 -0400
Hope someone on the list can help with information about a vacuum relay I
have.  I'm working on getting an LK-800 amp back in good working condition,
and one of the problems it has is a T/R vacuum relay that won't go back to
receive after transmitting.  If I tap on the relay, it does go back to
receive.  The relay is a Jennings RJ1A-26S.  On this relay is a screw that
looks as if it is for adjustment, but I don't know what it adjusts.  I'm
guessing it has to be either contact spacing or spring tension.  I hope it's
for spring tension, and by adjusting this screw I can put a little more
tension on the spring, and it will return to receive when finished
transmitting.
Just thought I would check here and see if someone knows what the screw is
for before I start turning it, not knowing what it is supposed to do.
Thanks for any info.

73,
Tim - N3XX