Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500

To: Robert Carroll <w2wg@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:30:58 -0700 (PDT)
Bob:

I have nothing but good things to say about Alpha.  When they were going to be
at Ham Com in Plano TX last June, Alpha's prez Molly Hardemann W0MOM called me
and said to bring my 9500 with me to Ham Com.  They would take it back to
Boulder with them, make all the hardware and software mods it needed and ship
it back to me at no charge.  Can't beat customer service like that, making
changes even before I knew there were any problems.

And this was even before I had had a chance to put it on the air.  I had to
wait for an electrician to schedule a "small job" like mine to install a 220
line in the shack.  Took him months to schedule it.

My 30-L-1 was wired for 120 and worked like a charm on that voltage with 600
watts out max, even though the most I ever ran on the air was 500 and usually
just 400 watts out.  Just didn't want to push the 811A's

73 de Tom, WW5L