Re: [Amps] Semtech diode

To: <sccook1@cox.net>, <amps@contesting.com>, <john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Semtech diode
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:45:55 -0700
The P/N is a mere coincidence.  Semtech issued all SA numbers sequentially,
beginning with SA-0001 and going into the several thousands.

A string of 1N5408s, if they are very good ones (metalurgically bonded with
large dice), should work.   Semtech used .125" diameter round dice for this
family, they have more silicon in them than conventional 1N54xx, and the
Semtech parts were all dual-plug metalurgically bonded capable of withstanding
very high surges.

-WB2WIK/6