Re: [Amps] SB-220 Exciter Foldback

To: "pmihnovets" <pmihnovets@comporium.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Exciter Foldback
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 12:21:57 -0400
Grounding the grids decreases the excellent IMD of the Heath design and
increases the possibility of instability not addressed by Measures'
voodo science.

The Alinco is very sensitive to VSWR. I wouldnt advise adjusting the
fold back circuit either.

By looking at the position of the slug in the core you can determine if
the coil needs more or less turns and proceed accordingly, or user a
tuner at the input.

Carl
KM1H