Re: [Amps] coax length between transceiver and amplifier

To: "STEPHEN L SALA" <k7awb@msn.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] coax length between transceiver and amplifier
From: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:43:10 -0500
Steven,

In my opinion:  if the input impedance off the amplifier matches the output
impedance of the driver and the coax has excellent shielding, there will be
no problems with any length.  When I say "any length", one must be aware of
the coax loss with real long runs.

At 40 feet with something like LMR-400, there should be no problem on HF or
6 meters.

73,
Ken W2DTC

Ken Barber  Middletown, NJ