Re: [Amps] The quality of Chinese 811A and 572B

To: "DAVE WHITE" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, "Hsu" <hsu4qro@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The quality of Chinese 811A and 572B
From: "Chuck Lewis" <n4nm@knology.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:01:45 -0600
I wonder how long ago those RF Parts 3-500Zs were manufactured. RF Parts, on
their website, acknowledges quality control issues that existed several
years ago, but claims to have narrowed their sources while "helping"  to
improve quality control at the currently favored factory. The 3-500ZGs I
recently obtained from RF Parts are performing well in my Drake L-7. While I
haven't measured individual parameters, a close visual inspection at
installation time found no trace of the reportedly obvious poorly centered
elements, plate caps, pins, and imperfect glass, etc. that seem to have
plagued earlier batches, as reported elsewhere and acknowledged by RF Parts.
Your mileage may vary, but for what it's worth, mine have been just fine.

Chuck, N4NM