Re: [Amps] Nice looking 1.8 MHz amplifier

To: "k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>, <jtml@vla.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Nice looking 1.8 MHz amplifier
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:40:11 -0000
Materials only, it is worth ±$2000.  It does not a blower, metering, rack
cabinet or power supply.  The load cap is a glass vacuum and it is mounted
under the RF deck.  Having 5KW of RF floating around under the deck will
most probably create lots of problems.  There was a nice 3CX3000 amp for
sale on +QTH.com last week for a hell of a lot less money.  Spending $5000
on the RF deck only  would mean that you would probably have at $7500 in it
before you had it ready to rock and roll.  BTW, the N connectors on the
output would need to be changed to something like HN connectors.  Too much
power for N's.

Bob  W6TR