Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay Issues

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay Issues
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 09:52:23 -0800
On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:33:58 -0800, K5RC wrote:

>One by one, however, I am having problems with the vacuum relays.
>They are developing intermittent contact on receive.

Hi Tom,

This is a common failure mode. I have the same problem with the relays in
my Ten Tec Titan amps. Original equipment was Jennings, I've used some
Jennings parts that are supposedly new pulls from industrial equipment,
also new Gigavacs as replacements. If I run QSK I get a year or two out of
them.

73,

Jim K9YC