Re: [Amps] LK-500 Blows Filter Cap

To: <hrd998cc@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, "Larry K4AB" <larry.k4ab@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK-500 Blows Filter Cap
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 08:11:39 -0500
My LK-500ZC was purchased new and still has the original caps. It has
also been beat as hard as possible in about 12 years of intensive
contesting as well as general DX chasing since new.

Id suspect the replacement caps are lower quality than the originals.

Ameritron sells PS caps that are supposedly pre screened for ESR as well
as matched.

Carl
KM1H