Re: [Amps] Meter Face Making

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Meter Face Making
From: David G4FTC <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:24:24 +0000

> I am trying to make some new meter scales using the trial version of the
> Tonne software called "Meter". I am trying to make a center zero scale.
> What I want is 100ma - 0 - 100ma. I can't find on the Tonne software where
> this can be done. It makes the zero on the left end of the scale only. Am
> I missing something? Can someone direct me to free software that can do
> this?

When I made some meter scales a few years back, I simply scanned the old meter
scale using a flatbed scanner, and modified the calibration lettering using
Photoshop, but any image editing software should do.

I then printed the new meter scales on "Avery" self adhesive labels and stuck
on the reverse of the old meter scale.

Why the reverse - in case I wanted to reuse the meter with the old scale as
I was concerned if the adhesive may damage the original printing.

Regards

David G4FTC