[Amps] Meter Lighting Was: Meter Face design

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Meter Lighting Was: Meter Face design
From: "Dennis Wade" <sacramento.cyclist@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:09:09 -0800
Good evening all,

         The thread about designing meter faces was timely and I will
put that to good use when the time comes.  I've squirreled away some
nice Triplett and Simpson large (3.5 or 4 in) faced meters for use in
that amplifier project we all have in the back of our minds.

          However, I want lighted meters and, of course, the otherwise
wonderful meters I've collected are un-lighted.

           Is it practical to add lighting to meters that are not
built that way?  If so, could someone point me to a good source of
info?

           Thanks!  Since I subscribe in digest mode, a direct reply
in addition to the reply to the list would be appreciated.

                  Dennis

--
Dennis L. Wade
KG6ZI