[Amps] inductor between plate and blocking cap

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] inductor between plate and blocking cap
From: Lynn Osterbur <no9z@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:14:03 -0800 (PST)
   I have an amp I built a few years ago. 10 - 160m YC156   The tube has high
capacitance
and operating on 10 and 15m results in higher plate current at reduced output
(600 watts). I
knew this going in and was curious if the problem can be solved.  I am using a
pi tank circuit.
Plate v = 5300vdc
I have heard  (but not tried)  an inductor between the plate and blocking cap
will help.  Probably around
.6 uh.

If I recall correctly the total capacitance of the mounted  tube and tuning cap
was around  65pf

    Anyone have experience or comments on this application?

TIA for any comments
Lynn  NO9Z