Re: [Amps] Non Detergent motor oil for dummy loads?????

To: amps@contesting.com, Lloyd Korb <k8dio@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Non Detergent motor oil for dummy loads?????
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:46:55 -0800 (PST)
You can get mineral oil by the gallon at just about any farm and ranch store.
A gallon there is usually cheaper than a pint at a drug store.  Also, you might
try going by your local electric company's service center and asking about
transformer oil (much better than even mineral oil).  Usually they will just
give you a gallon because it costs more to do the paperwork to sell you such a
small amount.  The electric company uses hundreds of gallons of non-PCB
transformer oil in their distribution transformers.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com