Re: [Amps] Fwd: rx noise?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fwd: rx noise?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:50:46 +0000
p.s. as I noted in my blog I have heard similar wandering birdies before but
never had them land on a band like that one did during cqww.  I have been
doing other repairs on those amps so they have moved around from band to
band periodically, its possible that amp has been oscillating for a while
and it just never got caught... add in temperature sensitivity and
apparently some line voltage sensitivity and it may have just been hot
enough and the voltage at just the right spot that day.  As I said, when I
tried to reproduce it I could only get it in the 20m band for a short time,
most likely it was drifting all over the place.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net