Re: [Amps] Plate choke resonanse and safe operation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate choke resonanse and safe operation
From: "OZ1AXG Flam" <oz1axg.nospam@dxmail.dk>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 13:17:33 +0100
Hi

I re-measured the RFC resonanse of my ameritron amp (I replaced the RFC
after a previous burnout on 30 meter).

For the new measurement i shortcircuited the choke, while normally mounted
in the amplifier, with a short wire. The wire had a one turn winding, I used
to couple to the dip meter.

The results are:
fo = 19.780 MHz
fo = 11.550 MHz
fo = 23.380 MHz
fo ~ 35.000 MHz

The first set of measurements I did (6/12), I just held the dip meter close
to the RFC. This measurement had dip fo= 27.711 MHz and rised some concern
of safe operation on 10 meter. This dip is gone now, but can I be sure all
is well ?

What is the best methode of measureing the parasitic frequences of a RFC - i
hate to have "dismount" the RFC :=( ?

--
OZ1AXG Flam