[Amps] Dentron MLA2500 Blowing Fuses

To: "'Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Dentron MLA2500 Blowing Fuses
From: "Adrian Rees \(MW1LCR\)" <rees.a@btconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 23:56:22 -0000
My long suffering Dentron MLA2500 is blowing mains power fuses (13A at
230V AC here in the UK).

It really could be anything but I suspect that disconnecting the HT feed
to the voltage doubler from the power transformer will stop it blowing
fuses & its likely to be one of the electrolytics. Would the guru's of
these amplifiers agree ? Ironically someone on eBay is selling a
replacement capacitor kit at the moment ! I have a stock of 150uF at
400v Electrolytics anyway. ( I guess they work harder in doubler
circuits & protest).

Comments ?

Thanks

Adrian MW1LCR