Re: [Amps] Dentron MLA2500 Blowing Fuses

To: "Adrian Rees \(MW1LCR\)" <rees.a@btconnect.com>, "'Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dentron MLA2500 Blowing Fuses
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 06:49:59 -0500
Id certainly stop feeding it fuses before you blow the transformer and
find the problem.

As far as caps I wouldnt waste my time and money on off brand 85* C
replacement caps. Quality 1058C caps from known manufacturers are only
slightly more expensive. Ive adapted the CDE 381LX series to my MLA-1500
and use them in customer amps also. Mouser and Allied sell them over
here as well as United Chemi Con versions.

Some of the more creative persons have restuffed the original cans with
the above snap-in style.

Carl
KM1H