Re: [Amps] GU81-M on highbands

To: "Alex Malyava" <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>, "DAVE WHITE" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GU81-M on highbands
From: "Thomas Hoeppe" <thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:05:18 +0100
Thanks for all infos! The EX8A design is going an interesting way. If I
understand it right the main trick is using L matching for the higher bands
(C plate is already "in the tubes"), and the tuned coil instead of the
missing C plate. But I don't see the need of the effort with all the taps in
the HV-side. Is it only to prevent resonances in the anode choke, or are
there any effects on the high band behaviour I do not understand?

Thank you for all comments!

Tom, DJ5RE