Re: [Amps] GU81-M on highbands

To: "Thomas Hoeppe" <thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GU81-M on highbands
From: "Alex Malyava" <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:53:23 -0500
I can briefly translate that article, if you interested in that schematic.
that article covers several key points:
1. "old" GU81M tube is not outdated and still good for linear amplifiers
2. tube, designed for military use, can handle more watts and amps
than mentioned in its specs
3. tube with 3kV plate, 800V grid produces 1500W out and still
dissipates only 450W - well within specs.
4. one or even several GU81M's working @ 10m using pi network to
neurtralize tube capacitance