Re: [Amps] SB-220 and Xfrmr Smoke...Part 4

To: <amps@hidden-valley.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 and Xfrmr Smoke...Part 4
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:59:29 -0800
I think you have an intermittently shorted tube. This is why your old
filament transformer smoked.  There is a reason for re-wiring the antenna
relay to keep from burning up the filament transformer. Details are on Rich
Measures site. (I know I know....)

If a tube shorts, it also shorts out the filament transformer. I don't
remember the exact current flow but Rich explains it.

73
Jim W7RY