Re: [Amps] SB-220's, 3-500's, some history

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220's, 3-500's, some history
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@tbc.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 16:39:53 -0600
I'm glad to read this sort of info as it is hard to beat the experience
base of some of the members of this list who have years of experience on
many hundreds of different amplifiers.  It is a whole lot cheaper to
learn about flaws and quirks before buying a piece of gear.  A while
back, I bought an amp that is noted for a loud fan, and crummy small
toggle switches, but have not had the time to wire in the 220 volt line
from the breaker panel yet. Its 500 watts should give me a nice boost
over the Corsair II barefoot. I would like to run more power on 6
meters, but in this neighborhood, I'd be tarred and feathered if I did
so.  Perhaps when I move to the boonies, I can get a modified Heath amp
for 6, and then I would not need to be concerned about the bandswitch.

73,

Steve WA9JML