Re: [Amps] Dual tetrode in grounded grid

To: Amps@contesting.com, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dual tetrode in grounded grid
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:16:46 -0800 (PST)
Using an attenuator pad at the input is what I was considering.  Of course I
would rather use the power from the transmitting converter for something other
than generating heat.  Basically I was seeing if using the 5894 in grounded
grid rather than grid driven was possible.  I already have a pad on the input
of the transmitting converter (to drop the output of my FT690RII from 8 watts
to 2 watts) that I am using as the i.f. for the 222 MHz transmitting converter.
 I like to use 50 MHz instead of 28 MHz as the input for my higher frequency
units if possible although I am using 28 MHz for my 432 MHz SSB.

I normally do use link coupling above 50 MHz including in the 222 MHz
transmitting converter which ends up with a 6360 mixer into a 6360 final
amplifier.  I am presently getting a solid 5 watts out of the 6360 and if I
tune it carefully I can get a little bit more.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com