[Amps] HV Divider

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HV Divider
From: "KB0NLY" <kb0nly@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:47:12 -0600
I'm using GM3SEK's Triode Board for my 6m amp project using the GI-7B, i ran
into a problem today with the power supply.  According to his manual, i sent
him an email as well waiting for a reply, for 2500v i should use 10 1M Ohm
resistors in series from the B+ line, on the end of that string of resistors
there is also two 100k 1W resistors to chassis ground.  My supply is 2400V,
measured with a HV meter i get 2380V.

The problem is the output of that divider is supposed to be 12v or less.  I put
the positive of my meter on the end of the chain of resistors and i put the
negative to chassis, 0V, nothing nada.  Then i put the negative to the 0V lug
on the secondary of the transformer and i get 113V.

How is this supposed to work that i can get 12v from it?????

73,

Scott KBØNLY