Re: [Amps] Panel Meter Article, QST

To: 'KBØNLY' <kb0nly@mchsi.com>, <amps@hidden-valley.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Panel Meter Article, QST
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:51:42 -0500
Scott,

Jeff's method is ok but the way I usually do it is the same except I also
hook my dvm in series and put it on the Ma scale. Now you can read directly
on the digital dvm and compare it with the meter scale you are trying to
determine. If you don't have a variable power supply add a 10k or 20K pot
into the circuit to vary the voltage. You can even use a 9 volt battery for
the supply. Just be sure that you don't get either meter directly across the
supply or 9 volt battery. It will zap your meters in an instant.

73
Gary  K4FMX