Re: [Amps] DEAD Alpha 91B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DEAD Alpha 91B
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:25:49 -0800
>From the "other" Gary Smith..

Making sure the amp is in fact "plugged in" making sure the circuit breaker is
in fact "not tripped" are best & first good ideas.

Fer instance: a long (long) time ago I was called out for service on a
customer's new electric dryer. this customer had been on  a *real* rant to
cussed service about the brand new dryer not working.. Arrived at the residence
where I got my packing tore out when I told the home owner who I was and what I
was to do, that of seeing why her dryer was non functional.

Went to the place where the washer/dryer was located, she pointed at the dryer
like she could have nailed it with a forty-five if her finger  had been John
Browning's delightful invention.

When I pointed to the dryer pigtail laying over the top of the dryer front
panel her only response was "what's that for?  My husband said a new one came
with the dryer."
Smirking like devil I can be, I pulled the dryer away from the wall, reached
over the top and plugged it in. turned the time knob, let it run for a few
moments, opened the door, the dryer was indeed working.

Looked at red faced owner, wrote  up the service ticket and handed it to her.
She  paid it with a sheepish grin and told me that she would call the dispatch
and apologize for her rant. (Which I found out later she did.)

Moral of the story here is as should be obvious: check the simple stuff first ,
that just may be is where the problem is.

Nuff' said here.

3's to all,
Gary Smith (the other one) ...wa6fgi