Re: [Amps] Hipersil the myth and the truth (Thread),

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hipersil the myth and the truth (Thread),
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:48:06 -0500
Thanks Gary for this information about the Dahl line of transformers.

I purchased a Dahl replacement for the stock plate supply transformer
in a Ten Tec Centurion in 2004.  I had gone through two Ten Tec
transformers before giving up on them and trying the Peter W. Dahl
replacement.  A friend of mine who worked professionally in high
voltage RF supplies told me the Dahl would be a good transformer.  It
turned out to be a bit bigger but it squeezed in and has been working
superbly ever since, making the Centurion a half-way decent amp with a
100 v. or so more B+ than what I had with the stock trans.  Of course
I had no idea these transformers would no longer be available in a few
years (Harger only sells the Ten Tec Titan replacement for some
reason) so I'm very glad I got mine when I did.

73

Rob / k5uj