Re: [Amps] PSU rectifiers & caps

To: "Andy GD0TEP" <andy@gd0tep.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PSU rectifiers & caps
From: "David Craig" <davidhcraig@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:42:05 -0400
    Don't know if these will give you any advantage but 6A10-T s are 1000V
PIV @ 6amp (but expensive).  I almost doubled the diode "headroom" for my
latest GS35b but still use 1N5408s - 8 per string for 32 total for my
full-wave bridge.  My transformer AC output is +- 3000VAC & (obviously)
anode at rest is between 4300- 4450VDC based on mains voltage, no problems
so far.  No resistors or caps across them of course- I won't delve into that
argument - suffice to say that if you are worried about variance buy them
"taped."  I assume those are processed consecutively & thus minimum
variation.  Works for me.

    73 Dave N3DB