Re: [Amps] Power supply question

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "'Amps reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power supply question
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 17:28:26 +0300
..actually, with the usual voltage dividers across the output the voltage
goes down quite fast for small overvoltages. Anyhow, a high value resistor,
needing to draw 1 or 2 milliamps, is not a bleeder needing to draw some tens
of milliamps. I didn't have any problems caused by surges.
All I had were a few blown diodes, all of them caused by overcurrent.
73 and all the best:
Alex    4Z5KS