Re: [Amps] High SWR,

To: <gzook@yahoo.com>, <ve3zi@rac.ca>, "'Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High SWR,
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:00:52 -0400
I am curious as to why you would say that "reflected power is not real"?

Just because reflected power upsets the readings of a wattmeter such as a
bird or telewave, and you have to make a correction to read true power being
delivered, does not mean that reflected power doesn't really exist. It is
just as real as the forward power.

By the way, the bird article quoted deals with how line loss can mask the
true amount of swr and reflected power that reaches your meter.

Not trying to start another argument here but just trying to keep facts
straight as there seems to be plenty of confusion already on the subject.

73
Gary  K4FMX