Re: [Amps] RL Calculations

To: "'Amps Reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RL Calculations
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:35:41 -0500

> Plus, if the Q strays a little from the current favored 12, who cares.
>
> Bob W6TR

I am so glad that when I built my 3X3 single-band (160 meter) amp I used a
20 uh tank coil as L1 in a pi-l configuration. This came out to be a Q of 6.

For over 15 years, I take a few hours in October to clean and lube the amp.,
and then tune it up on 1825 KHz. I never touch the thing again until the
next October. The lower Q allows QSY'ing +/- 15 KHz without having to fiddle
with the knobs. My other amp is a Harris RF-110, which has no tuning
controls at all!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC