Re: [Amps] filament transformers

To: "Paul Decker" <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament transformers
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:25:05 -0700
When you put a pot in series with the primary of the transformer, it acts
like a step start resistor. As the filament warms up, it draws less current.

I used a 150 ohm pot 15 watts in the primary of my homebrew 8877 filament
transformer. My transformer is from MFJ/Ameritron and is from a AL-1500 amp.

73
Jim W7RY