[Amps] Source wanted for HV switch-mode power supply

To: mikea@mikea.ath.cx
Subject: [Amps] Source wanted for HV switch-mode power supply
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 18:30:42 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Mike,

Yes, Tim Hulick, W9QQ went SK in late 2007, he was the owner of wattsunlimited.

Over the past few months, I have been building a HV switch mode power supply
based on his February 1991 QEX article.   I haven't quite gotten to the stage
of actually powering it up with full voltage yet, but I am close (this weekend
looks good!).   A ll the components are wired up in their respective modules.
If you do a search, you can probably dig up the article.   If not, let me know.

Not to talk you out of it, but to be honest, for me, if I were to do it again,
which I hope I will, I would go for a linear power supply unless there is a
dire need for weight control.   The switcher I am implementing is very simple,
but still far more complicated to build than the traditional power supplies.

Regards,

Paul, kg7hf

Message: 3