Re: [Amps] Centurion

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 17:09:59 -0500

> Subject: [Amps] Centurion
>
> I have a Ten Tec Centurion that is under a shelf with 3 inches of head
> room.
> Would I be well served to put a Rotron fan on the tube vents and pull the
> air out for better circulation?  Please!
>
> Phil

I have never heard of any amp damage due to too much air passing through it.
As long as the fan/blower does not suck the tubes out of their sockets, more
air circulation has to be better.

Manufacturers having been "dumbing down" amp cooling systems for years due
to pressure from customers complaints of noise. Anything to improve the
situation will be well worth the time and money spent, IMO.

Go for it!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC