Re: [Amps] Roger's complete correction on tubes

To: w5cpt@bellsouth.net, stevek@jmr.com, donroden@hiwaay.net, AMPS@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Roger's complete correction on tubes
From: dennis12amplify@aol.com
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:18:09 -0400
Thank you all for the information you hav provided.
?I have looked at all the links provided?but I am more interested in the sweep
tube versions of the Hunter amplifiers?because that?has been?the focus of?my
research.
?Hunter made a sweep tube amplifier in the 70's that used 6LX6 tubes running at
1600 to 1800 volts on the plate at about -55 volts negative bias. I have not
been able to get much information on that amplifier but I understand that it
was an outstanding performer and the tubes lasted a long time.
?Maybe the Sweep?tube 'Hunter' amplifiers and the Transmitting tube 'Hunter'
amplifiers were made by different manufacturers....

?Thanks again,

Dennis O.