Re: [Amps] Roger's complete correction on tubes

To: <donroden@hiwaay.net>, <AMPS@contesting.com>, <dennis12amplify@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Roger's complete correction on tubes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 17:12:21 -0400
Hunter Manufacturing was located in Iowa City and Des Moines, IA and they
were a fixture at Midwest hamfests when I was living in the Chicago area.
The 2000C was a kit that had construction and instructions as good as
Heathkit. Ive never heard of them associated with the CB outfit in Nebraska.

I Have heard unconfirmed stories that WRL/Globe from Council Bluffs were
involved in the CB market thru "associates" That would make some sense as
they were big users of sweep tubes including a 10 hole "2000W PEP ham amp"
This was rather unique as the tube output load was 50 Ohms and their tank
circuit was a coupling capacitor to the antenna. What a gem!

Carl
KM1H