[Amps] Tube choice for SB-200 on 6 meters

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube choice for SB-200 on 6 meters
From: "Larry" <n1miw@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 00:34:39 -0400
Hello group,

   I'm looking for some information on converting an SB-200 to 6 meters. I
originally thought about using the Russian GI-7B tube, but now I'm not sure.
It looks like I can only use one tube due to power supply limitations. What
have you guys seen in real-world conditions if you used this tube? Will I
see about 500 CLEAN watts out from the single GI-7b (someone said in the
archives that one of these tubes equals 2 572B's)? Can I use 2 GI-7b's
without letting the smoke out of the transformer or PS? There's also the mod
for the GLA-1000 where the output watts is ~750 which I'm using for
comparison, but I don't know what the current was at that limit. The spec
sheet for the GI-7b might put the current for 2 tubes at close to 1A, which
the SB-200 can't supply as far as I know.

   If the single or dual GI-7b can't give me 500 watts+ out from the SB-200
PS, is there another tube (or tubes) of choice you would recommend for the
SB-200? Obviously I do not want to use the 572B's because of the controversy
surrounding them at this frequency. TIA... Larry N1MIW