Re: [Amps] Relay Reglulator / Driver

To: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relay Reglulator / Driver
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:02:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mike,
   First a couple of suppositions.

   1.  I presume that the "cut off voltage" is negative.
        &
   2.  It has enough extra current capability for the relays.

   You can use a LM337 with a preregulator.  Take a look at Linear Technology
AN-2 to see how.

        or ...

   you could use a Texas Instruments TL783 positive regulator run "upside down"
with it's input switched

        or...

   you could eschew the regulator entirely and use a (simple two transistor)
current source to feed the relay(s) -- If they're to be switched together they
could be connected in series.

73 & Good evening,
   Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/